In-Crypto-We-Trust Hackathon: Applications on Cryptographic Ledger Platforms
Teams will be competing for great prizes in building innovative application prototypes on Crytographic Ledger Platforms.
The Hackathon finishes just as the Bitcoin Expo starts. SO YOU CAN DO BOTH! Come with your team, or come alone and either join an existing team or form a new one.
Techincal Experts and Leaders in the field will be spending time with all teams during the event!
Are you a student? Email the lead organizer of the Hackathon at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about student tickets ($0).
- $20,000 in Bitcoin
- Potential of additional large contracts from our Diamond Sponsor, BitAngels.co
- A Bitcoin crowdfunding campaign powered by our Ruby Sponsor, BitCredits, which will be live during and after the Hackathon
- Final Shortlist for the initial cohort of Bitcoin Decentral Accelerate
- VIP All-Access tickets to the Bitcoin Expo (or refund if ticket already purchased)
- Tickets to the Nerd Learn Great Bitcoin Debate
All Hackathon participants will receive:
- Two days of Hacking
- Hackathon t-shirt
- Breakfast, Coffee, Lunch, Dinner and snacks
- Attendance at the Banquet Dinner at the Bitcoin Expo (Friday, April 11th, 6pm)
- All Hackathon participants will get access to the Exhibition space during the Expo
When: Thursday April 10 Friday April 11
Location: Bitcoin Decentral ; 64 Spadina Ave. Toronto, Canada
Cost: $25 per person. Includes banquet dinner on Friday night
- David Johnston
- Alex Bourget
- Vitalik Buterin
- Michael Perklin
- (two more judges may be announced shortly)
BitAngels is the Hackathons Diamond Sponsor!
BitAngels is the worlds first distributed veteran entrepreneur and angel investor group. Focused on accelerating the digital currency eco-system.
Thursday April 10, 2014
8:00 AM Registration
9:00 AM Team Formation
10:00 AM 30 hour Hackathon Begins.
Friday April 11, 2014
3:30 PM Hackathon Teams Present
5:30 PM Hackathon Finalists announced
6:00 PM Attend Friday Night Banquet Dinner at Metro Toronto Convention Centre that kicks off the Bitcoin Expo
9:00 PM Winners announced
(Replaces Google Hangout that was previously announced)
Initially we announced a Google Hangout with Judges and Sponsors. In order to increase availability and participation, we are encouraging Hackathon attendees to engage with each other and hackathon organizers on Reddit. Our judges, sponsors and organizers will be reviewing the Reddit page. Other conversations that attendees have started (such as finding a team and vetting an idea) are encouraged in the Reddit conversation. You can find the link here: Reddit Conversation.
Some Rules and Info:
- Intentional sabotage and hostility are strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated. Judges reserve the right to disqualify groups who abuse any computing resources not owned by the team.
- Full disclosure of pre-hackathon work is required.
- Full disclosure of all team members is required.
- More than 50% of your team members must be located at Bitcoin Decentral during the hackathon.
- Your project must involve an aspect of cryptocurrency.
- GitHub will be used as the Hackathon Software Repository. Every project will check in their source, design documents, and other digital resources.
- Judges for the Hackathon will be announced before the event. They will be chosen by the Hackathon sponsors and organizers.
If you are interested in Sponsoring the Hackathon or partnering with us as a Platform Partner, check out the sponsorship opportunities here.
For questions or inquiries please contact email@example.com